Bird Barrier products have been installed on buildings in Australia since 1996 to achieve maximum food safety and OH&S from problem pest bird populations. Bird Barrier installations have been successfully completed in every state of Australia in many food manufacturing, logistics, tourism, grain, health, government and military facilities.
Pest birds cause untold millions of dollars in damage to buildings and company reputations in Australia each year.
They also contribute the following problems:
- Major health risks to all personnel on-site
- Damage to the structure and inventory
- Reduced life of paintwork and protective coatings
- Cost of clean up to building owners
- Slip and fall hazard with fresh droppings on surfaces
- Noise, mess and smell
- Physical damage to soft furnishings, facades, air conditioners and ledges
- Potential work stoppages
- Negative company image and damage to company goodwill
- Unsightly pest birds on a new site, creating problems before building handover
Shire Pest Control's preferred bird control product is Bird Barrier StealthNet. Specifications for this products are attached in a separate document along with the manufacturers product warranty (10 years depending on the situation), an installation and technical overview.
Features of StealthNet include:
- Effective against all bird species
- Highly resistant to ultraviolet (U.V) rays
- Available in a variety of colours
- Available in six standard sizes plus custom sizes
- Nearly invisible in most situations
- Low-profile installation system
- Made from high density Polyethylene twine
- Twine is twisted and knotted and will not stretch or sag
- Flame Resistant
- Will not rot or absorb water
- Product warranty for 10 years with a life expectancy under cover of 20 years and beyond with regular maintenance
- Protecting buildings and structures throughout Australia and worldwide since 1990
- Widely specified on government and historical properties
- For more see http://www.birdbarrier.com
Bird Barrier's StealthNet is the strongest and most versatile bird exclusion system in the world. StealthNet denies pest birds access to literally any architectural configuration, including courtyards, roof tops, overhangs, parking garages, etc.
StealthNet is attached to a 2mm perimeter cable which is supported by a wide variety of intermediate and corner attachments designed for masonry, wood or steel. The cable is tensioned using turnbuckles and StealthNet is attached to the cable at each mesh opening using net rings.
Bird management is a specialised, technical trade requiring an in-depth knowledge of bird behaviours, mechanical concepts and access equipment. Successful bird management installation companies, like ourselves excel at evaluating problem bird sites and offering solutions to building owners. A risk management assessment and OH&S statement are available on request.